- Notre Dame (be sure to check out the Roman ruins under the church)
- Sainte-Chapelle (stained glass)
- Arc de Triomphe
- Pere Lachaise Cemetery (Jim Morrison's grave is in division 6)
- Musee de O'rsay (Impressionist art)
- The Sacré-Coeur Basilica
- Neighborhood of Montmartre
- Wander through the Jardin des Tuileries
- Wander through some Paris neighborhoods
- Lunch at a local cafe away from the touristy areas
- Louvre interesting but too big. Mona Lisa viewing is very crowded
- Eiffel Tower, good view, nice overview of the city
Restaurant recommendations (from comments on Sandwalk )
- La Coupole, in Montparnasse, to eat. Famous brasserie, was frequented by various early 20th century literary sorts.
- Lunch: Pouch-la on the rue Mandar in the 2nd arrondissement. It is cosy.
- La Palette, rue Seine: an artists' hangout.Chez George, rue des Canettes: old style and lots of wine.
- Le 6, either rue des Canettes or rue Princesse: lively bar/restaurant.